Our new headquarters

Environment and Quality

Paper


In creating its print directories, Seat uses paper and cardboard produced by some of the leading papermaking groups in Northern Europe that have earned certifications for quality management (ISO 9001) and environmental management (ISO 14001 and EMAS).
The paper used by SEAT contains an average of 40% recycled fibre, while the remaining 60% is from cellulose from forests managed according to PEFC (Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes) and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) standards).

Containment of Overall Demand


Concerning containment of overall demand for raw material, SEAT has played a leading role in Europe in the use of low basis weight paper for directories: in publishing the PagineBianche and PagineGialle, SEAT has used 32 and 34 GSM paper respectively since 1995.

Printing


With regard to printing, all production at SEAT is done at ILTE, a benchmark printer with both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications. Great attention is also dedicated to managing and recycling used directories: for years now, directories have been collected directly and sent to the papermaker for use in making new paper. Alternatively, depending on the area, agreements are made with leading local consortiums, and through information campaigns for citizens, directories are delivered to recycling centres.






Attachment

Download the "Trademarks and Certifications" document

Download document: Download the
143.57 Kb

Last Update: Wed 22 Feb 2012 | 03:22 PM